Sunday, November 05, 2006

Me, myself and I

My house is a hub of activity. The monthly cleaning is going on. I vacuumed the rooms this month. I am done but my roommates aren’t. ARR is playing in the background and is quite audible since the whirring sound of the vacuum ain’t there anymore. Admist all this cacophony, I am alone. Lost in my thoughts. Quite incredible is the fact that I am aware of all that is happening around me but still can think with pellucid clarity. Once again, the thoughts revolve around me and my microcosmic world. How lost we are in it’s intricacies and paths. And all of them are structured by us. What a feeling it must be to be unfettered from our own thoughts. (On a lighter note, no wonder it is called the ‘chain of thought’). Sometimes when I am concentrating on a deadline or am running, I reach that state. This selfishness/egotism/egocentrism of thought is so binding. Makes me cynical at times. Aloof, detached.

Where is all this introspection leading to? I am yet to discover what really makes me happy. Apart from my self-gratifying actions.

No comments: